What can I borrow?
- Books for all ages and interests
- Talking books on CD or MP3
- Large print books
- Music CDs
- Italian language books and DVDs
Please note: DVDs, videos and music CDs can only be borrowed by library members aged 15 years and over.
How many items can I borrow?
All members can borrow an unlimited number of books and magazines.
Members aged 15 years and over can also borrow up to 10 DVDs and up to 10 music CDs per card.
How long can I borrow items?
Most items are loaned for a period of 4 weeks.
Can I loan items from another library?
Your Swan Hill Library membership (Libraries Victoria One Card) can be used at any public library branch that is part of the Libraries Victoria Consortium network.
Items in the library’s catalogue can be delivered to your local branch or the Mobile Library from any location.
For items not in our library or associated Libraries Victoria Consortium collections, we can request the item for you as an Inter Library Loan from another library.
Inter Library Loan Fees
- $5.10 per item sourced from a public library
- $22.50 per item sourced from an academic or special library
What is a Libraries Victoria One Card?
You can now use your Swan Hill Library membership (Libraries Victoria One Card) at over 100 library branches across Victoria!
What are the benefits of a Libraries Victoria One Card?
- Borrow and return items from libraries across Victoria.
- Improved access to collections.
- No need for multiple library cards filling your wallet.
- Take care of fees/fines at any participating library.
- No matter where you travel throughout Victoria – whether holidaying along the Murray, visiting regional centres like Ballarat, or spending time in the City – you are sure to find a Libraries Victoria One Card library nearby.
How can I renew an item?
- at the library
- over the phone
- via email
- online via our catalogue (PIN needed. Please contact the library if you don’t have a PIN)
What happens if items are overdue?
Items can be renewed if they are overdue. There are no fines for overdue items.
If items are not renewed or returned within 45 days of the due date they will incur a lost item fee.
Can my books be delivered?
Library members who are housebound or reside in aged care homes can have books delivered for FREE! Volunteers will deliver books and other library materials every month.
This service is only available in the Swan Hill township.