Monday, 18 March 2019.
In 2019 we are excited to announce the ninth Youthspective Photography Competition and invite young people from across our region to enter three of their best photographs.
If you’re aged between 12 and 18, submit up to three photos that best represent this year’s theme: JOY!
This means your photograph can be of anything you consider best depicts ”JOY!”.
Photographs must be your original work, no Photoshop– so think outside the square, surprise us with your ingenuity, and have fun creating!
- Prizes include: 15-18 years Judges Choice Award:
A GoPro HERO7 White Action Video Camera – includes 1 year product care – valued at $350
- 15-18 years People’s Choice Award:
A $50 Harvey Norman voucher
- 12-14 years Judges Choice Award:
A Fujifilm INSTAX Mini 9 instant film camera pack valued at $130
- 12-14 years People’s Choice Award:
A $50 Harvey Norman voucher
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org and include image titles, your name, age (as of the closing date for voting) and contact number.
|Friday, 15 March||Entries must be received by|
|Monday, 18 March||Voting for the People’s Choice Award starts|
|Monday, 25 March||Voting for the People’s Choice Award finishes|
|Tuesday, 26 March||Prize winners will be notified|
|Friday, 29 March||The Winners Presentation will be held at the Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery at 6pm|
|Friday, 29 March – Sunday, 26 May||Youthspective exhibition|
Conditions of entry
- Photographs must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- Emails must include: photograph/s, the photographer’s name, age (see above), the title of the entry and a daytime phone number.
- You may enter up to 3 photographs.
- Colour or black and white images are acceptable.
- Your entry must be certified as being original and unaided work and any source imagery must be indicated at the time of entry. Please note that one signature from a teacher will be sufficient to cover all entries from a school.
- All entries must be submitted by 4pm Friday, 15 March 2019.
- Judging will be conducted by local photographer, Glen Whitelaw in conjunction with NOVO Youth Council.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- People’s Choice voting, in both age categories, will take place on the Swan Hill Regional Library’s Facebook page. One ‘like’ will equal one vote. The picture with the most ‘likes’ wins. The closing date for voting will be 4pm Monday, 25 March 2019.
- Photographs of the winners together with their names and ages may be used in publicity where the parents or guardians of the winners have given their consent.
- The rules of the competition may not be changed or modified and will be strictly applied.
- All personal information supplied will be used solely for the administration and management of the Swan Hill Regional Library Youthspective Photography Competition.
- Winning images may be selected for use in print or on the internet for Swan Hill Rural City Council and local publications.
- The prize for the 15-18 years category is a GoPro HERO7 White Action Video Camera – includes 1 year product care – valued at $350.
- The People’s Choice prize for 15-18 years is a $50 Harvey Norman voucher.
- The prize for the 12-14 years category is a Fujifilm INSTAX Mini 9 instant film camera pack valued at $130.
- The prize for the 12-14 years People’s Choice award is a $50 Harvey Norman voucher.
- Winners will be announced and presentations made at the Inland to Outland and Callum Preston’s Milk Bar exhibition openings at 6pm on Friday, 29 March, at the Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery.
- Winning entries will be displayed at Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery during the month of April.
- Thank you to our sponsors: NOVO Youth Council & FREEZA
Powered by WPeMatico